ALSPL has been started on the foundation laid by SURGIMED which was started by Mr. Kamal Aggarwal with his brother Mr. Rakesh Aggarwal under the supervision of their father Mr. Naresh Aggarwal in 1986 with the aim of introducing and promoting new and proven technologies/treatments in the medical field to bring them to the common man, who could not afford to travel and had no access to the latest treatments available worldwide. We have successfully introduced new technologies from various foreign manufacturers for better treatment of Indian patients. ALSPL constantly strives to develop and produce innovative devices and technologies in India. We have many firsts to our credit, some of which are as follows:
- VALVULOPLASTY PROCEDURE in the country in 1987 from MANSFIELD, MEDITECH, MICROVASIVE, U.S.A (now BOSTON SCILENTIFIC CORPORATION).
- CORONARY ANGIOPLASTY PROCEDURE in the year 1988-89 from SCHNIEDER and SCIMED (both now BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORPORATION).
- DHS SYSTEM in the country from RICHARDS INTERNATIONAL, U.S.A. in 1988 and subsequently first Interlocking nails from the same company.
- Use of Wire Braided Thoracic Cannulas for Open Heart Surgery for the first time in the country in the year 1988-89 from RMI, USA and also Retrograde Cardiolpegia cannula from the same company.
- ATHRECTOMY PROCEDURE in 1989-90 from DVI / GUIDANT.
- Cement less hip and knee system in 1992-93 from Richards/Osteo USA/Switzerland.
- CORONARY STENT in the year 1993 – 94 from J&J and then AVE (now MEDTRONICS).
- THROMBECTOMY DEVICE in the year 1998 from ENDICOR (now EV3)
- AMPLATZER DEVICES in the year 1998 from AGA MEDICAL, U.S.A.
- Coated Stents in the year 1998 from Biocompatibles UK (now Abbott Medical).
- Graft Patency system in the year 2002 from Meditim Norway.
Besides the above, we have represented and marketed many more innovative and High Tech products and Pharmaceuticals successfully from manufacturers including Biotronik (Germany), UMI Inc. (USA), St. Jude Medical (USA), Gish Biomedical (USA), MEDCOMP (USA), Lifecare International (USA), Eli Lily (USA), Schering Plough (USA), and many others in the field of Cardiology, Vascular Surgery, Interventional Radiology, Neuro Radiology, Orthopedics, Nephrology and Oncology/Chemotherapy etc.
The company has always been at the front of identifying and introducing new and effective treatment for the benefit of mankind and continue to do so by representing and marketing highly reputable and well established manufacturers of medical devices such as NuMED Inc. (USA and Canada) , Vascular Solutions Inc. (USA), Cormatrix (USA), SIS Medical (Switzerland) etc.
As part of our vision to bring Advanced health care at affordable prices to the doorstep of the patients, we have established a state of the art facility to manufacture, assemble, package and sterilize some of these high grade medical devices in India under the ALSPL brand name in technical collaboration with highly reputed and well known foreign manufacturers from around the world such as NuMED Inc. (USA) and EP Flex (Germany). We are in the process of joining hands with many other such foreign manufacturers.
ALSPL has a well-established sales and marketing set up that operates out of our head office in Delhi, branch offices in Mumbai, Kolkata, Pune and Chennai with local resident representatives in cities such as Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Indore, Trivandrum etc. and sub-distributor networks in other parts of India. The highly qualified sales and marketing staff is well trained and experienced. We have also been exporting our products to countries like Switzerland, Hungary, Philippines, UAE, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal. We participate and exhibit in National and International conferences and meetings.
ALSPL is a trusted brand amongst its customers including most Govt. and private hospitals. We are a rapidly growing organization with customer satisfaction as our priority. We enjoy a very good and cordial business relationship with all our customers, who can testify for the quality of our products and services as we continue to strive for excellence, constantly following our vision.