Ai Mediq is a Luxembourg-based ground-breaking medical technology company that develops novel non-invasive therapeutic solutions leveraging positive treatment effects of high altitude (hypoxic) exposure, medical devices for Intermittent Hypoxic Treatment, and medical software algorithms for its personalisation.
Ai Mediq is the first company in the world which commercialised the idea of using physiological effects of adaptation to short term episodes of hypoxia for clinical treatment purposes.
In 2014, the company has developed a medical device called ReOxy® for provision of an innovative breathing therapy method: Intermittent Hypoxic Hyperoxic Treatments (IHHT) with a biological feedback SRT® (Self-Regulated Treatment) technology.
Following successful commercialisation of the initial ReOxy version, Ai Mediq is now focused on adaptation and optimisation of the ReOxy device to novel markets with significant potential benefits for patients, customers and healthcare systems alike.Company R&D Activities as a Private Sector Research Organization
Since 2013 Ai Mediq has focused its efforts on:
- Research for the objectives:
- to scientifically evaluate influence of short-term, individually dosed, physiological feedback-controlled hypoxic exposure in healthy subjects and patients with different diseases (basic research)
- to evaluate efficacy of IHHT in rehabilitation of patients with cardiovascular, cerebrovascular and metabolic disorders</li.
- Feasibility studies for the objectives:
- to validate efficacy and performance level of the IHHT/ SRT method intended for in- and outpatient markets over conventional supervised exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation methods.
- Development of new innovative medical devices/their Prototyping (Industrial Research/Industrial Development)